Fully Secured Bonds
Why invest in an investment bond?
With an investment bond you can:
- Tailor your investments to help meet your financial goals; an investment bond is designed with the aim of producing medium to long-term growth, income or a combination of both.
- Invest a lump sum in one or more of a wide range of available funds, depending on your investment aims and attitude to risk.
- Switch funds without creating a chargeable gain or income tax liability.
- Access your funds by taking regular withdrawals.
- Invest for a longer period – there is no fixed term but you should aim to invest for at least five years, ideally longer.
- Combine with a trust to potentially reduce your estate’s liability to inheritance tax.
The value of your investments can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed. You may get back less than you invest.
HOW DO WE DECIDE THE FUND VALUES?
We base the daily valuation of our internal funds on prices quoted on a recognised stock. For the Deposit Fund, the unit price will not go down. We don’t allow you to buy units in the Deposit Fund. We use it for administration purposes.
All the individual assets within our funds are valued and then added together to give a
total for the fund. If you choose to invest in property funds, the asset values would be set by a reputable valuer’s opinion. The valuer will be from a firm of independent chartered surveyors and valuations will be carried out in line with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ standard procedures. They will usually value the assets in the fund once a month. We may value property assets held within our property fund more regularly if there are large movements in the market. We do this to protect your investment and other investors in the fund.
We use passive index funds for our investments. Compared to the more popular ETF funds, passive index funds are easier to use, simpler to manage and offer a competitive pricing structure.
BUILD YOUR FUTURE
The benefits of investing…
Investing your money could help your money grow, but it does carry more risk than cash savings, so you need to be comfortable with the ups and downs of investments. To help, Aspect offer a range of investment options with different levels of risk. Please remember that the value of your investment could go down as well as up and you could receive back less than you invested.